Monday, January 21, 2013

Empty Space

Stephane Louis made me feel like I was standing right there. Right where he stood when he took this photo. I was in the middle of Westfield somewhere, in YellowKorner. I was waiting for JenJay & Sam to meet me, but I secretly wanted them to take a little bit longer, just so I could stay a while longer looking up at this image that I had fallen in love with, within just moments of walking into this blacked out gallery I had gladly stumbled upon. The gallery definitely did it justice (as you'd expect) with it hanging up high, tilted, with lighting to make it look warmer, and inviting.



I was invited. I love it. I want to know the history of this "empty space. I want to know why Stephane Louis (I like the sound of his whole name) chose to take this photograph. I want to know where it is, and why such a beautiful space, is empty. I'm a daydreamer, yes, but I can feel the dust under my shoes as I stand 'there' ('there' being in the gallery I was literally in, or even, here on my bed as I stare at the photo all over again) looking at those tall windows (I love tall windows. I want one. In the way where I wish I could just go to a shop and buy one and then just put it in my house lol, like wallpaper or something). It makes me feel nostalgic, even though I have no connection to it; even though I have no knowledge of it.   Like someone would stand there, in the centre and smile. Bittersweet memories. I love the light shining through into the almost darkest.
OK. That's enough. I'm no expert. I just loved the experience I had when I saw it hung up high. 

In short (lol) , I was enticed by this vision. I couldn't wait to tell someone who cared. And so, I did. =)

P.S. I'm still looking at those windows.. head tilted to the left.. contemplating.

xRachel - myneckisgettingstiff

No comments:

Post a Comment