Thursday, January 24, 2013

Kamsahamnida

I wanted to keep my high going - that feel good feeling that makes me smile from my core. I didn't want to lose it, so, I decided to go to my first Yoga class, no research, just based on the assumption (born from the media) that yoga is good for that. Search on Google, done. Found a place round the corner from home, and it happened to be the only one that did late classes. Perfect for me seeing as I do ridiculous office hours.

I never realised that there were different types of 'Yoga'. OK, so I knew there was Bikram (I did it, and disliked it. Completely.), but then I just assumed that the 'other' yoga, was all the same. Very wrong.
I, somehow, lead myself (or 'fate' did) to "Dahn Yoga". "Dahn" is Korean for "Energy". I seeked to de-stress, to relax and take up a new "hobby" to compensate for the laziness and reluctance I have for going to the gym. From the assumption I had based on Yoga, I also believed that it would help me keep a positive mind. Dahn Yoga certainly satisfies what I originally looked for, but it furthers that interest. I've always been interested in "energy". I've always been intrigued about our "chakras" and the auras we have as individuals, but no matter how much I read about it, or watched documentaries on it, I could never really comprehend. The past few years have included a lot of challenges for me. I feel like I've done pretty well with keeping my spirits high, but negativity, and loss of faith always kept me company. 2012 was a good year for me. I watched myself (and yes, I do mean like and out of body experience lol) gain more hope and confidence, and, most importantly happiness. My point is, maybe, I never comprehended with my interest in "Energy" and it's connection to well-being, simply because at those stages in my life, I simply wasn't ready. They ('they' being all the positive readings I've indulged in, 'they' being the voices in my head) say that things always come to you with perfect timing. Well, the door for Dahn Yoga, definitely opened in perfect timing. I was seeking for something to help me keep this positivity and faith, and I became acquainted with Dahn Yoga.  I'm at a point where I have said Goodbye to people who only bring bad vibes into my world. I've loving, caring and genuinely beautiful people in my life who make me happy; who make me strive to be the best version of me. This great energy surrounding me has brought me here, and I intend to keep it going.

So, dear Universe, though I've faced challenges, I'm grateful that I am where I stand now, and I look forward to the journey. Here's to a peaceful and good life, good health and happiness.

Kamsahamnida (thank you).

xRacheljoy

No comments:

Post a Comment